Win10 crashed, need back up

Reaction score
Hello My name is Kate, Im new here.
I just upgraded to win10 and all was amazingly fast until today. I tried a few things to speed it up like cleaning C drive but nothing. then I figured to go thu a diagnostics, then the keyboard came up and stuck there asking me what language. the keyboard wouldn't work,nor the mouse. so I had no way to 'tell' it US as a keyboard, some how Im back to good, for now.
I wanted to have a back up disc that would reinstall the OS so in case I run into that again.
I made a repair cd, but that didnt work, still stuck on the keyboard page.
thank you for any thoughts on this

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
some how Im back to good, for now.
still stuck on the keyboard page.
not sure which one it is?
If you are using a wireless keyboard then you might try temporarily substituting a USB keyboard and see if that gets you over the hump.
I wanted to have a back up disc that would reinstall the OS so in case I run into that again.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/
My recommendation is Acronis. It's not free but I've found it relatively easy to use and reliable (always use disk mode).
Combined with an external USB drive or other such device, sufficient in size to hold at least a couple images, keeping one updated to a reasonably current point in time.

Reaction score
I just have a regular usb keyboard. always worked. some thing wrong with an update Id guess, doan know.. and after doing a disc check it finally went back to good. I have no clue why, I can theorize that microsoft was doing updates or tweeks while I was trying to work...
thanks for the link I will look into it :)

Ask a Question