Win10 Insider 16199 erratic mouse multi screens

Reaction score
I have two monitors, same resolution but slightly different sizes. They are setup as separate not spanned. Moving the mouse from one screen to the other is erratic. The cursor often vanishes. Moving it very slowly, I can see that the vertical position of the cursor doesn't match across the screens.

This was never a problem with earlier versions of previews.

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to report it as an Insider preview bug:

I had multiple problems with 16199 and they included:
Avast stopped working
Secure boot issue when using Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk
Other minor issues

Many have left the Insider program because of such issues; therefore, it should not be used on any primary PC.

Good luck,

Wargamer

Reaction score
I live dangerously and ever since the start of the Insider program have used it as my primary system with very few issues of any consequence. This mouse thing is a minor annoyance that's all. The only real problem I ever had was the inability to complete an upgrade a few months back which didn't affect me using the PC anyway.

Reaction score
I live dangerously and ever since the start of the Insider program have used it as my primary system with very few issues of any consequence. This mouse thing is a minor annoyance that's all. The only real problem I ever had was the inability to complete an upgrade a few months back which didn't affect me using the PC anyway.

To each their own in the respect.

Good luck to you,

Wargamer

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Might it possibly have something to do with the video card driver that the most recent Insider Preview is using.
Perhaps experimenting a bit with the latest and greatest from the video card manufacturer and if that doesn't produce the desired results, maybe fall back to a previous driver version.

Ask a Question