Win11 upgrade.

Reaction score
Do you actually lose any folders/software or settings when you update you desktop to Windows11?.
And is there any posts on how to make a copy of your Windows10 to restore everything.

Reaction score
1. Possible with a the Version Upgrade but there is a prompt question to answer about saving programs and files. Clean install definitely.

2. Many posts suggest a backup program.

Reaction score
Got so many files and folders on here. When you say a clean install, do you mean the free upgrade Bighorn or
a disc version upgrade.

Reaction score
There is an online Upgrade process in Settings, Update and Security but I use the MCT/Media Creation Tool process to both download the .iso file used to create an exact duplicate DVD of the original [usually the DVD+RW/DL disc] and to create the Bootable USB Thumb drive [8GB]. Having the physical media can sometimes recover from issues with being online such as a power failure causing one to start over.

Reaction score
Do you actually lose any folders/software or settings when you update you desktop to Windows11?.
And is there any posts on how to make a copy of your Windows10 to restore everything.
NO IT WAS ONE OF WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR! WITHOUT WARNING OR PERMISSION FROM A 68 YEAR OLD PERSON!
Yes I am very disappointed and feel violated.
Microsoft had NO RIGHT to delete my property. I NEEDED THEM!

Reaction score
This is not the first time Microsoft miss treat me.

In the past, they insisted on connecting my Hotmail account to a phone number, Land line) was forced to move and they decided to lock me out, lost all of my important email!

Prior to this when I was installing do's in the early times, Microsoft generated a virus if I used the same disk to install a new system although I used my new installation key!

I felt like hoping that they would go under in computer hardware applications, would never support their cell platform and all their apps.

Now they want to put their hands permanently in our pockets with 365 and their cloud!

NO.

WE ARE DONE HERE!

Reaction score
I have windows 10 pro; tried to upgrade to windows 11, but Microsoft says , with my OS ,it can not be upgraded now.

Reaction score
I have windows 10 pro; tried to upgrade to windows 11, but Microsoft says , with my OS ,it can not be upgraded now.
It depends first upon whether the computer hardware meets the requiremenst, second upon how up-to-date your Win10 is, which Version and Build [WinKey + R and type winver, press enter], post the line about the Version and Build. Mine

1665806083049.png

This computer will not properly Upgrade to Win11, doesn't meet the requirements but then it was new back in 2016. I was given a used HP computer from 2018 or 2019 with Win10 but corrupted trying to install Win11. I wiped the drive, installed Win10, updated it then was offered Win11.

Reaction score
NO IT WAS ONE OF WINDOWS 10 UPDATE

TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR! WITHOUT WARNING OR PERMISSION FROM A 68 YEAR OLD PERSON!
Yes I am very disappointed and feel violated.
Microsoft had NO RIGHT to delete my property. I NEEDED THEM!
Sadly Windows 10 is not YOUR property! It says so in the Terms & Conditions. You are merely granted a licence to use it, but the actual software remains the property of Microsoft.

Reaction score
You certainly don't lose any personal files or folders but as anyone will tell you it's always best to make backup copies or transfer them to a separate hard drive before an upgrade. Personally, I've installed Windows 11 both ways, I tried the upgrade first which went well and didn't remove any personal files and then later down the line I did a clean install using the Media Creation Tool to create a DVD.

As a word of caution..., if you do attempt either an upgrade or clean install, first make sure any secondary hard drives are disconnected. This will prevent the remote possibilities that Windows might accidentally delete personal files.

Ask a Question