windows 10 1511 gaming problems

Reaction score
hi, i have one very big problem. ever since i installed 1511 update i can barely play anything. most of the games i play are not last gen and i was able to play them on 100 fps + average. few of the games are: insurgency, battlefield 3, amnesia, ut4...
insurgency is the game i play the most and i run it on low details, 1080p with average of over 120fps, ut4 was running on epic with 120fps lock widouth any dips. insurgency now runs on 60fps max with average around 40, and i had to set details on medium in ut4 and lock the framerate to 59, but it still dips to 20.
my windows 10 was very well optimased and it was running on less then 1gb of memory when idle and i had no issues for months.
i tried 1511 update with and widouth my optimisations, and when it is stock i cant play at all, framerates are so low i feel like I'm playing on 10 years old computer.
my configuration is:

i7 3770 @ 4.1 GHz watercooled
16GB ddr3 @ 1866 , 2x8 gb corsair
r9 290x 8GB sapphire tri-x
2 x 480 gb samsung ssd, 840pro x2 in raid0

i have all the latest drivers, there are no viruses or spyweare on the computer. to make sure it is not gfx problem i also tested with my old gtx670, but nothing changed. i also tried turning off the cpu overclock but it didn't help. one of the things i noticed is that when i play ram usage stays very low. 1,9gb in insurgency and 2,3 gb in ut4, and i'm sure it should be more, lot more.
i there an option to change settings of background processes (system and compressed memory) to allow my games to use more ram, i think it would help a lot

thank you

Reaction score
You lose performance using Raid 0 with SSD drives. This could be your problem.

Reaction score
no reason to loose performance with raid 0. it worked ok before the 1511 update and that was one of the first things i tested, no issues with bandwidth, reads and writes are as they were before the 1511 update i also did bios update but it didn't help. next thing i did was to install windows 7 on my backup ssd and performance when gaming of working is as it should be. i tried reverting back to old version of win 10 but it keeps failing. tried 3 times, every time different error. seems like microsoft is going back to days of vista. good ideas but bad in practice.
shame

Reaction score
Do you have the actual drivers from nvidia, or the ones Microsoft forces down your throat? I had to reinstall the REAL drivers on both my gaming PC's (one nvidia, one amd), after the 1511 update.

Reaction score
Do you have the actual drivers from nvidia, or the ones Microsoft forces down your throat? I had to reinstall the REAL drivers on both my gaming PC's (one nvidia, one amd), after the 1511 update.

i soleved the problem by going back to windows 7. formated system drives and made a fresh install. everything is working gr8 now. i can't see myself going back to windows 10 any time soon

Ask a Question