SOLVED Windows 10 Acer Aspire 5733 constantly freezing

Reaction score
Well, I have no idea what version of Windows 10 you have currently installed, but if it was me, I would go immediately to Windows Update and see what might be out there.

I have the latest Version 1511 OS Build 10586.494

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would assume that you would be eligible for the Anniversary Update edition 14393.10 which began its' rollout yesterday.

Reaction score
Well, I have no idea what version of Windows 10 you have currently installed, but if it was me, I would go immediately to Windows Update and see what might be out there.

I have Version 1511 OS Build 10586.494 which is the latest version.

Reaction score

Hello Trouble

Thanks for sticking with me throughout. I think the machine needed an update. As you suggested I updated to the Anniversary Update and that solved the freezing problem incling the OS problem. The correct OS is also shown. However I'm experiencing battery problem which seemingly started just as I finished the update process. The battery is plug but not charging at 0%. I've tried to updating and uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager, it didn't help. I don't know if the battery problem is the result of the update.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
No idea.
The only time I've ever had that problem, and I work on a lot of laptops, was when the owner dropped of her laptop for me to repair but the charger she left with it was not for the Dell Laptop it was for an HP.
Not sure if Acer is that picky about which charger you're using but if you are using an after-market or just the wrong one, I'd look into that first. And the charger itself may not be working properly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No idea.
The only time I've ever had that problem, and I work on a lot of laptops, was when the owner dropped of her laptop for me to repair but the charger see left with it was not for the Dell Laptop it was for an HP.
Not sure if Acer is that picky about which charger you're using but if you are using an after-market or just the wrong one, I'd look into that first. And the charger itself may not be working properly.

Ok, thanks I'll have to post this as a new thread maybe someone will provide a solution. Thanks!

Reaction score
This thread is LONG GONE but I just want to share this:

I have Windows 10 (did a clean install to clean up junk) and I can get into Google Chrome in a matter of about 1-2 mins.

Ask a Question