SOLVED Windows 10 audio problem with YouTube

Reaction score
Just brought a new Dell XPS 8940 desktop on stream. All is working well with the exception of playing YouTube stuff with terribly muffled audio. My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Z SE internal PCI-e. There are no problems with audio no matter how I play it from the PC with Cyberlink PowerDVD 2021, WinAmp, Plex or Windows Media Player. YouTube audio is also fine with Bose head phones. Using the default device (Realtek R) audio is playing fine on YouTube along with all other audio sources. This seems to point to the Creative Soundblaster device as the problem cause. What is puzzling to me is that all other audio plays flawlessly via the Creative Soundblaster. There us much information on audio problems on the Internet. However, all of it is dealing with general audio problems on Windows, none of it helpful to me. Any help to solve this is greatly appreciated.

Wolfgang Stachel

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi Wolfgang,

I have problems with the audio levels on YT and I think it is down to the content providers and how they edit the audio tracks!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfgang,

I have problems with the audio levels on YT and I think it is down to the content providers and how they edit the audio tracks!. :)
Thanks for your reply. However, why is this this problem only on one of four of my machines? Also, the audio on YT is fine with the built-in Dell audio and is only a problem if I use the Creative Soundblaster card?

Ask a Question