Windows Audio gui features not playing well with virtual audio cable, EQ

Reaction score
I am having issues pertaining to both the sound device manager window and with the "App Volume and Device Preferences" window in settings (to change per-app audio device)

I am running a program that does not play back on the apparently assigned setting in the App Volume and Device Preferences.
Its set to the correct device whenever i open this window, however the program plays on the default playback device.
I have to set it to another random device and then back and works. but i have to repeat this every program launch.

The other issue im having is in the sound device manager and its to do with the "Listen to this device" box in the Properties menu for a Recording device. I have to do a similar to thing as with the other issue. in this case im using virtual cables and an EQ audio program ultimately listening to the output of the EQ on this device.
I have to uncheck the "Listen to device" and recheck the same box every time I am launching the app responsible for the base audio output.

Are there any possible solutions?

Reaction score
Hi AS,

is the device set as "Default" in the Control Panel > Sound?. :)

Reaction score
Hi AS,

is the device set as "Default" in the Control Panel > Sound?. :)
Well the device in the recording tab "listen to device" issue IS the default playback device. (My monitor's speakers)
-The other is intentionally not the default playback device. This one, in the window to set per-app audio devices is a virtual output device which I do not want as default playback device. This i thought was the purpose of the window although it does not correctly save the selected device setting between app launches.

Reaction score
Please paste a screenshot of the sound manager so we can see what is showing there. :)

1613809756914.png

Reaction score
I should note that the device I am listening to via the recording tab does show activity.. but does not successfully play back on the assigned device until its altered & then changed back.

Reaction score
ah sorry slightly confusing i see also perhaps confused slightly with the other issue.
in this case the "listen to this device" box needs to be checked and unchecked before i can hear audio playback through the assigned device.

[w/ the other issue the output needs to be altered to another device (any will work) then set back to the original (IE "line 2" for soundpad on the screenshot on the right)]

similar though as the setting that is displayed doesnt seem to work until its updated with a form change.
both windows save the desired setting but never actually work as intended until altered.

Reaction score
Do you have the latest version of the software for your device?. Do you also have the latest version of Win 10?. :)

I really don't have anything else for you, sorry!.

Ask a Question