Windows 10 Basic theme

Reaction score
Hello
Recently I installed an old application that only ran well in 16 bit color for some reason and when I set it to the XP compatibility mode and 16 colors the windows aero basic theme was used (the theme from windows 7 with the light blue title bars). During the whole process DWM was running so I wonder if there is a way to do the same thing for all windows because I am a fan of the basic theme and all other "attempts" to recreate it just don't look right and no dwm equals no system in my case. Please give me something to work with as I really hate the metro theme but windows7 is EOL......
:(
Isaac

Reaction score
Hi Isaac,

all I can suggest is you look for 3rd party themes on places like Deviant Art, you might have to pay for some of them and I don't know how well they will/won't play with Windows 10 so read the descriptions carefully!. :)

As an example:

You can also look for themes in Settings > Personalization > Themes > Get more themes (Some are not free!). ;)

1594622208950.png

Reaction score
Open "Personalization" from the Desktop context menu or use Winaero's Personalization Panel for Windows 10 app to apply the "Aero 7" or "Basic 7" theme and you are done.

In short, download Winaero app and you are done.

Ask a Question