Windows 10 update ,now printer does not work

Reaction score
Many have same issue with printers after the June Microsoft update, printer works from phone but not computer ....our printer is a Brother MFC-495CW ....What fix is there -thank u

Reaction score
I am having the same problem for the past two days. A very similar Printer. Investigation shows it has set itslf up as an external (D:) All attempts to remove it and reinstall have, so far, failed. If I get a solution, I will post back, but, I am heading towards a fresh install and starting over!

45 minutes later:
Ok. Reinstall. All sorted now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I have enough knowledge to try every trick in the book, including installing the latest drivers from the Brother site - All failed. I even used the Brotherl uninstaller, which allegedly uninstalls every trace of a previous attempt. As soon as I restarted, that darned fault was back with my printer thinking it was an external hard drive.
The clean install of the OS did the trick (So far!)

Reaction score
I don't have a brother printer. But I have been using Epson L-380 (3 in 1). During a few months, I see two red lights on the right screen. I opened the printer to fix the issue but still no results.

Reaction score
Uninstall the printer driver from your PC.
Then reinstall the updated drivers for your PC printer.
Once that is done, you would stop facing that issue.
I hope this helps!

Reaction score
By default it should be in Settings, Devices or in the old Control Panel in Devices and Printers. If you've installed the HP software it will be in Start, HP section.

Reaction score
The latest Windows update has been causing problems for some printer owners, according to a report from Windows Latest (via Gizmodo). Users are reporting that they’re getting a blue screen when they try to open the print dialogue from Notepad, Office, or other programs. (You know that annoyingly ambiguous error message that’s like “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart”? It’s that one.)

If you’re encountering this problem, the easiest fix is to roll back the latest Windows update. To do this, open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > View Update History > Uninstall Updates > Uninstall, or remove the patch manually in Command Prompt. Some Reddit users confirmed that this fixed their problem. and thereinstall your Brother MFC-495CW Driver Printer.

Ask a Question