Windows 10 update/Ricoh printer

Reaction score
My boss upgraded our software at work to Windows 10. Now our printer has gone array. We use 2 trays, 1 for paper and 1 for labels. I keep getting a paper type error and I have to press the start button every time I try to print labels. I went into the printer file to manually change the paper type to labels but the computer will not let me make the change. I can set everything to labels or everything to paper. What is the issue? Do we need a new driver? Before the upgrade everything worked just fine. Tray 1 is labels, tray 2 is paper but the software will not let me make that selection.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

Are you able to provide some specific details please:
  • Prior to your boss upgrading to Windows 10, what Operating System was in use?
  • What model Ricoh printer is being used?

On the assumption you were using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 prior to your Boss upgrading to Windows 10, and also on the assumption the model of Ricoh printer is of a similar age, what might help is if your Boss uninstalls the Ricoh Printer software package, then re-installs it by:
  • right-clicking on the installation file, and selecting Properties > Compatibility tab then,
  • checking the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for and selecting the edition of Windows that was in use before this recent update, then
  • having done that click Apply then click OK then run the installation file.

If my assumptions are incorrect, then answering the two questions above will assist Forum members in providing you alternate solutions to your issue.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question