How to stop my pc waking up when there is a windows update? Just want it to stay asleep.

Reaction score
When there is a windows update, windows wakes up my laptop when it is set to sleep. I want it to stay asleep.

I reboot each day, so there is plenty of opportunity for windows to update, without having to annoy me by waking up every x min when there is an update avaiable. Don't they in Redmond understand that when you put your pc to sleep, that means the user wants the pc to sleep.

Please there has got to be some setting to prevent windows from waking up all the time when there is an update.

Reaction score
go to device manager, locate modem, check power management and turn off allow this device to wake the computer, which also disables magic packet.
1570552174729.png

Reaction score
ok, then recommend you do a 7 day pause. and that stops MS from issuing updates to you, and any time you want to then manual turn off the pause, and manually check, then turn on the pause again.
1570554801326.png
1570554801326.png

Ask a Question