Windows 10 black screen problem now unable to revert to previous build (Windows 7)

Reaction score
Windows 10 was downloaded through update ok but took many hours to load into my pc. Unfortunately it now loads fully for a couple of minutes and then the screen goes black but I still have the curser which I can move around but there is nothing else showing on the screen. I managed after a few tries to enter settings and eventually troubleshooting and decided to abort and return to previous build (windows 7). My screen now shows "GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS BUILD -we ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous build. Try resetting your current build instead"
Is there any way that I can resolve these problems without losing any of my personal data?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You can try using the "Recuva" software, it's free to see if you can save you personal data. You will need a working windows environment. You other choice would be to use a linux live CD, a distro of your choice. This will allow you to boot off the CD and access the HDD that windows is on and save your data that way.

Ask a Question