Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Blue Screen Fatal Error

Reaction score
Hi, so my Windows 10 showed me a blue screen right before it force restarts as I was browsing the net using Microsoft Edge. It also asked me to google Critical Process Died. I installed BlueScreenView to extract data from the dump file that was created after crash. I am uploading a zip file that contains the dump file and the text file that contains info about the crash. Since I can't make any sense out of these data, I was wondering if anyone could help me with 'em and tell me what caused it and how I can fix it. This is the second time I'm seeing a blue screen after months and here's the thread I posted about it. In case you might wonder, I'm also uploading a txt file that lists the drivers installed on my laptop. I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 ver.1511 and I have never used overclocking stuff.

My laptop model is ASUS X550ZE

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• critical_process_died.zip
    219.1 KB · Views: 456
  • DRIVERS.txt
    555.8 KB · Views: 699
Reaction score
It appears you Zip file is invalid. But the drivers listing I see quite a few "Critical" references concerning storage devices. But if you are having crashes the messages may be caused by the crash and not the real problem.

Are you running Drive Verifier?

I can't read dump files because as a Non-Insider I do not have access to the latest utilities. I will check what I can when you redo the .pdf file.

Does this happen is another browser, like IE or just in Edge...? What are you doing when this happens?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As Saltgrass said.....
The dump file was a little wacky, I've not seen one exactly like it before.
BugCheck EF, {ffffe00087ba47c0, 0, 0, 0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : svchost.exe
BugCheck EF, {ffffe00087ba47c0, 0, 0, 0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : svchost.exe
Very sparse in the way of actual information.
For what it's worth I did spot 3 drivers that in my experience have been known to be associated with BSODs in the past. They are......
AODDriver2.sys usually associated with AMD OverDriver of EasyTune both of which I believe are motherboard utilities
dtlitescsibus.sys usually associated with Daemon Tools
vsdatant.sys usually associated with Zone Alarm

I would strongly recommend uninstalling the associated software the placed these files on your system, at least temporarily to see if you achieve better stability from the computer.
After you uninstall the software associated with the three drivers I mentioned, double check C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and make sure they are gone.
Look for them specifically as some installs will leave remnants behind. If they are still there, break them by renaming the file extension from .sys to .OLD (i.e. vsdatant.sys becomes vsdatant.OLD)

Reaction score
As Saltgrass said.....
The dump file was a little wacky, I've not seen one exactly like it before.

Very sparse in the way of actual information.
For what it's worth I did spot 3 drivers that in my experience have been known to be associated with BSODs in the past. They are......
AODDriver2.sys usually associated with AMD OverDriver of EasyTune both of which I believe are motherboard utilities
dtlitescsibus.sys usually associated with Daemon Tools
vsdatant.sys usually associated with Zone Alarm

I would strongly recommend uninstalling the associated software the placed these files on your system, at least temporarily to see if you achieve better stability from the computer.
After you uninstall the software associated with the three drivers I mentioned, double check C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and make sure they are gone.
Look for them specifically as some installs will leave remnants behind. If they are still there, break them by renaming the file extension from .sys to .OLD (i.e. vsdatant.sys becomes vsdatant.OLD)

Thank you for your reply, trouble, I don't recall installing anything named AMD OverDriver of Easytune. I think that useless AMD Catalyst Control Center might have something to do with cuz I got no idea how to uninstall that one but about ZoneAlarm, I gotta say I'm not considering to remove ZA even for a second. Without ZA, i'm like a sitting duck against all viruses coming from removable devices and the internet like I have been before getting ZA Extreme Security. But I just uninstalled Daemon Tools, I hope that helps. If it helps, I uploaded the zip file again, hopefully it works this time.

Attachments

• critical process died.zip
    219.3 KB · Views: 616
Reaction score
It appears you Zip file is invalid. But the drivers listing I see quite a few "Critical" references concerning storage devices. But if you are having crashes the messages may be caused by the crash and not the real problem.

Are you running Drive Verifier?

I can't read dump files because as a Non-Insider I do not have access to the latest utilities. I will check what I can when you redo the .pdf file.

Does this happen is another browser, like IE or just in Edge...? What are you doing when this happens?

Thanks for your reply, Saltgrass, I uploaded the file again above, hopefully it works this time. No I'm not running Drive Verifier, i don't know what that is. Well I usually got lots of apps opened at the same time... Edge is just one of them. Edge, Paltalk Chat, Media Player, Groove Music, Mail, Firefox, IDM, Babylon, all were running simultaneously when the crash occurred.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got mine same case Asus Notebook X550ZE
To ASUS Customer Service Center Today at 5:23 PM
Justin, I just want to report that today I experienced 5 times in a row of "blue screen" it just happens while I am using excel office. Do you think this has to do with upgrading from Windows 8.1 originally installed here in the laptop to windows 10?

Upon checking the temperature it says 99-100C so so hot, YET I have this laptop cooler underneath, I am at the office now, aircon is at high temperature, so cold indeed.

Date of acquisition December 2015. any suggestion of what cause this blue screen?

Maybe by Sunday, I will consult the vendor.

Thank you!

Reaction score
ed me to google Critical Process Died. I installed BlueScreenView to extract data from the dump file that was created afte

and here is another email to ASUS..

To ASUS Customer Service Center Jan 25 at 12:14 PM
Hi, superb thank you for immediate response.

"Make sure that the exhaust of the notebook is not covered/hindered to make sure that it can breathe properly"

The working environment is aircon, no hindrance on its exhaust, I laid it on the table with a laptop fan underneath. So with your claim that it might be impeded and cause of overheating is a no- no situation. This product is not even overloaded with opened application just a normal browser for my email, an excel program, and one One note as my daily routine in work. I believe this is more powerful, and it should be since my server is just an A8 Series at home and can operate all AMDs CPU actually ten units of clients pc of A 4 to A6 series.

I believe there is a problem with the design, I mean, my server and my clients PCs at home are having a usual record of around 38C to 42C but this one is laptop reads 45C to 56C. I even noticed that it can't accommodate opening fast multiple programs at the same time like my desktop. why? Should I buy Intel I5 or I7 instead when it comes to laptop/notebook?

What is the best recourse for this early problem? can I swap it with something powerful for games and multitasking but not lagging during the interaction of my hand on the keyboard. It's slowing and can't even cope with my speed on typing and opening files, promise...unlike the desktop and my sister Intel's laptop, they are really capable of multitasking.

I feel really sorry I bought this notebook sir!

Thank you!

Please resolve my issue....

Reaction score
Mainly corrupted or faulty driver create this error so find out the faulty driver and then uninstall the driver and then reinstall the updated drivers..

If you add any latest hardware after showing the error then that is the possible reasons, so detach the hardware and check the error.

You can scan your Windows 10 by command prompt by the code. "sfc /scannow"
CHECK AND FIX FAULTY DRIVER
INSTALL LATEST CHIPSET AND HARDWARE DRIVERS
SCAN BY COMMAND PROMPT to type sfc /scannow
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/critical_process_died/
Solution 3. Reinstall Windows

Ask a Question