Windows 10 desktop background changed

Reaction score
Last night when I shut down my computer it updated along with the shutdown. Today my background has changed to a lighter color. How do I get back to my original background.I do not use edge or cortana.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF you're talking about the normal (default) Windows 10 desktop background, then I think your "update" caught you up with everyone else.
Microsoft decided that they would make that less attractive in one of the more recent builds by adjusting the colors, tint, hues and saturation.
There is another similar post here

My advice always is....
IF you're going to use a picture, use one that you like either from you personal collection(s) or from another public resource
OR
Just use a Solid Color.

I'll attach one that I use frequently, I find easier on the eyes yet similar to the original rendered in a darker charcoal gray.
Feel free to use or discard it.
It's zipped so you'll need to extract it before you can right click it and choose Set as desktop background

Attachments

• 10Wallpaper (2).zip
    70.8 KB · Views: 149
Reaction score
My background was the older version of windows,an almost solid blue color but some what darker than this new one. Is there a way to go back to that one?
Thank you for the the one you offered but i'll pass on that

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I remember seeing a post, I believe on this forum, where someone had discovered the older darker version of the default background but I don't remember where.
I think this might be it, but not completely sure.

Have a look and let us know what you think.

Reaction score
My background was the older version of windows,an almost solid blue color but some what darker than this new one. Is there a way to go back to that one?
Thank you for the the one you offered but i'll pass on that
Yes right click your desktop and Personalize you can select from several themes or pick a solid color that is what I do my choice is solid blue

Reaction score
Thank you. This is the one I had before the last one and it will work just great.The last one I think was the one with windows 7,but I like this one also.Yes, I prefer the solid color also. Dont like micro soft to think they know what I want

Ask a Question