Windows 10 downgrade failed - can't restart

Is a clean install my only hope?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe not

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Windows 10 could't see my Seagate GoFlex Home external drive. I tried to find new drivers - nope. I tried to re-install - nope. I initiated the return to Windows 7 without problems. I have two hard drives: C: for programs and E: for Data. The problem is that Windows 7 won't load. I get the logo screen and then the choice to restart normally or not. Nothing works. My computer is useless and even my backed up data is unaccessible.

Reaction score
You don't need new drivers for your goflex. I don't know why it won't read it. Windows 10 sees mine fine. My guess is something went wrong with your upgrade to begin with.

You can try whichever one of these options fits your issue to try and repair your Windows 10 install.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

If none of them are relevant, or don't work, then you will probably have to do a clean install. Your backup data should still be valid whenever you are able to access your external HDD again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I initiated the return to Windows 7 without problems.
The problem is that Windows 7 won't load. I get the logo screen and then the choice to restart normally or not
Have you tried turning off the computer completely, then starting it back up and tapping the F8 key continuously to see if you can get the advanced boot option screen that might allow you to enter Safe Mode?

Ask a Question