Windows 10 dual boot problem

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new on this site and this may have already been answered, if so I apologize for the double post. I am dual booting windows 10 and 7. Both OS are installed and everything works perfectly except for the face that every time I boot windows 10 then boot into windows 7 it does a disc check. I wouldn’t have a problem with this except for the fact that it take 10 min each time because I have 3 HDDs. Is there any way to stop it from doing this every time I want to switch back to windows 7< Anyone know a fix or running into the same problem

Reaction score
See if this will work......
Assuming your Win 7 is on drive C.
Go to Elevated Command Prompt ( or Command Prompt (Admin) in windows 10 ) > type chkntfs /x c: > Enter

Reaction score
No, still doing it. Since my board is dual bios, do you think switching between bios would help?

RMA

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Turn off fast boot in Windows 10. You may well still get CHKDSK running once more when you reboot into windows 7 but it should be OK after that.

To turn off fast boot you can go to 'Control Panel', then 'Power Options', then 'Choose What the Power Buttons do'. Click on ' change settings that are currently unavailable'. Uncheck the 'turn on fast startup' box, then click on 'Save Changes'

Ask a Question