SOLVED Dual boot Windows 7/10

Reaction score
I have such a dual boot system. Windows 7 see both of my DVD drives(which perform as they should) but 7 only sees one which performs erraticly. Neither Device Manager or Drive Management finds the second drive. Can you Advise? Please!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Windows 7 see both of my DVD drives(which perform as they should) but 7 only sees one which performs erraticly.
Can we assume that something there is a typo?? 7 see both and then 7 only sees one???
Assuming yes and Windows 10 sees only one, try this in your Windows 10 install...
Right click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
type
exit
reboot your machine (required) and go back into your Windows 10 install and see if that helped at all with the problem.

Reaction score
I have such a dual boot system. Windows 7 see both of my DVD drives(which perform as they should) but 10 only sees one which performs erraticly. Neither Device Manager or Drive Management finds the second drive. Can you Advise? Please!
Hello and Thank you for your prompt and inspired reply. It worked perfectly.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You're, of course, welcome.
For some reason it's a pretty common issue. IDK why, but I had the exact same problem with my wife's computer when I upgraded her to Windows 10.
The solution then.... back in July of last year was a little more obscure. Now you can find it documented practically everywhere on the web.
Thanks for the follow-up and letting us know that it worked for you.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question