Windows 10 File Explorer Close button 1px gap remove

Reaction score
Hi!
Is there a way to remove 1px gap on Close button in File Explorer?
The gap (margin) is visible on hover.
win10-1.jpg

There is no 1px gap on other windows (for example Control Panel close button on hover shows no gap).
win10-2.jpg

Reaction score
Haven't noticed that to be a problem having that on my Win10 computers even on a 24" monitor or on Notebooks 12" through 17". Only solution I see is to upgrade to Win11 that has rounded corners on its windows but I don't have third-party software such as modifies the visual aspects of Win10.

1687699677127.png

Reaction score
On every screen size (notebook 13.3'', 17'', monitor 24'' and 27'') and every Windows 10 version - there is a gap on close button hover in File Explorer.
This is resolved in Windows 11, but upgrading to Windows 11 is not an option. Im looking for any kind of solution for this.
Thx

Reaction score
My next question would be, is it a problem or a design feature? [obvious question not asked] As for by-design only the Microsoft programmers may have the answer.

Reaction score
For me - its a problem. For Microsoft developers - might be a feature.
Since we are talking from user point of view - its a problem - hopefully someone can solve.

Reaction score
Sorry, but don't understand what the problem is with that 1 pixel which also shows down the right side beside the vertical scroll bar, does not show any operational issue on any of my Win10 computers. Guess it's possible to get one of the free or paid-for file managers like Free Commander that may not show the issue like other programs don't show it. I've used Total Commander for a number of years. I get a lot of my free stuff from www.majorgeeks.com, have never had an issue with their downloads. Does it also show when using the Dark mode [I don't use Dark]?

Reaction score
Since this is the Windows 10 > Customization sub-forum, its the right place to ask for any information about removing 1px gap in File Explorer. Total Commander is not an option.
1px gap is present in Dark mode also.

Reaction score
The basic question with an issue is: Why is it a problem? Does it prevent use of the machine or cause problem running programs on it?

Reaction score
Its a customization subforum. So, id like to know if its possible to customise it and remove 1px gap.
It is a visual usage problem in UI, as far as im concerned.

Reaction score
Its a customization subforum. So, id like to know if its possible to customise it and remove 1px gap.
It is a visual usage problem in UI, as far as im concerned.
To eliminate that issue one probably would have to rewrite the .exe file for File Explorer [or the older Windows Explorer] and associated .dll files. Downside of that is violation of the Copyright mentioned in the EULA.

Also, File Explorer is pretty much in the core of Windows, prove it by closing all open programs then use Task Manager to End Task on File Explorer, gets a truly clean desktop with only the background but can't do anything except reboot the computer, unless knowing the commands to start programs.

Reaction score
Update: was working on a Win7 computer and its Windows Explorer [renamed to File Explorer in later Versions] shows a bit of white outline but not too noticeable.

Win7 Windows Explorer.png

Ask a Question