Windows 10 Free Upgrade ISO

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm currently running Windows 7 and I have accepted the notice that appeared so that I can get a free upgrade to Windows 10. I don't like doing upgrade installs and would much prefer to do a clean install instead. Is this going to be possible, perhaps by proving an ISO package for the free upgrade?

Thanks for your advice :)

Reaction score
1. You cannot do a clean install using the free upgrade option, you will have to do the upgrade from within the qualified system.

2. An ISO should be made available by the time Win 10 is released,
you can then download the ISO and do your clean install.

P.S. Whether you have made the reservation or not, come July 29th, you will be notified for the free upgrade to Win 10.
The only difference is.......
Those who have made the "reservation" are supposed to be " first in line", and they will get the Win 10 downloaded to their computers automatically. That will speed up the installation.
Those who have not made the reservation will have to manually download via Windows Update and then install. That would take a lot longer.

Last edited:

Ask a Question