Windows 10 is not working at all after update

Reaction score
Im trying to help my mom with her laptop, but it is impossible to do anything! Once windows starts i cant even shut it down or restart the laptop. I cant access any program or get into system settings without the mouse icon turning into and endless loading circle and ending with a message that windows isnt responding. Is there anything i can do here? Pleasehelp. The laptop is less than 1 month old.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah, i tried... the problem is that Windows 10 need to restart to get these options.Restarting Windows (i have about 5 seconds to restart it after entering Windows or nothing prompts) it goes on an endles restart loop. So it is impossible to do this.
Why the heck did they remove the F8 solution at first startup?????

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Why the heck did they remove the F8 solution at first startup?????
I don't know, but you and I and a whole bunch of other people wish they hadn't.
I think it's because some motherboard manufacturers or system manufacturers have usurped the F8 key for their own usage.

IF you have the installation media you can try it from there
Boot into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment either by using a Recovery Disk that you've made, or the original Installation Media.
Choose Repair, Advanced Troubleshooting, Command Prompt and type
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
reboot your PC and tap the F8 key (no shift key required) and it should work for you as it has in the past.

Now to return your boot menu to normal
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy standard

You might also try the "Startup Settings" and or a "System Restore" from the available Advanced Troubleshooting options

Screen3.JPG

Ask a Question