Windows 10 is Shutting down

Reaction score
Windows 10 is Shutting down, due to heating up. i wanted to updated the video driver and its shutting be before i can do anything.

Reaction score
What kind of computer, Desktop or Notebook/Laptop? I'll assume it's a Desktop and will say that several things need cleaning with compressed air made for the purpose, one is the CPU fan and finned heatsink, another is the Power Supply fan, others would be any additional case fans. Another possibility is the Power Supply itself does not have sufficient capacity. A few years ago there were bulged and leaking capacitors on the Motherboard or in the Power Supply that cause similar problems, manufacturing problems.

Reaction score
What are your system specs. It sounds like the CPU is overheating. If what Bighorn advised doesn't work, you may need to reapply the thermal compound. The stock stuff has a habit of getting hard over time and become less effective. But I'd check and make sure the fans are all spinning, blow it out with some compressed air first. Maybe download Hwmonitor and see what the cpu temps are before it shuts down.

Ask a Question