Windows 10 issues

Reaction score
I uploaded to Windows 10 some time ago but within a couple of weeks I decided to take the option to revert back to Windows 7, as basically I couldn't get on with the new software. Ever since this time I am unable to download any photos from my camera or mobile phone to my desktop. I have a dongle on my desk which is attached to a USB port and my PC won't acknowledge that it's there. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what can I do to remedy it please? I don't have the original Windows 7 disks as my PC came ready loaded.

Reaction score
I would ask you to open the Device Manager and check your USB devices for any annotations. You may have to reinstall the drivers for that system.

Once in Device Manager open set the view options to see hidden devices. Then look in the USB area to see if that device is already listed and uninstall and possibly remove all drivers associated.

Reaction score
Thanx Saltgrass, I did as you suggested and looked at the USB ports listed (all 4 of them). There doesn't seem to be anything untoward about them, but then I'm not too sure what I should be looking for.

Reaction score
The problem may work itself out in time but since I do not know exactly how driver rollbacks were handled it might be the wrong ones are in place.

If the USB devices do not have a yellow triangle or a circle with a down arrow then the current drivers would seem to be installed. Whether they are appropriate might require checking the version or uninstalling and reinstalling the known correct version.

If you plug a device into a USB port it loads a driver for that device for that port. When you unplug it the device goes to a hidden state where you have to enable the hidden view so you can see and uninstall it. Possibly changing USB ports may help but if not you may need to go through the uninstall in some form. If it worked before in Windows 7 you should be able to get it working again.

Ask a Question