windows 10 mail app

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm using the windows 10 built in mail app. I have recently removed/deleted an account from the mail app. So why am I still receiving emails for it. Specifically a MS email stating I have to update my credentials for it. Which doesn't actually say what email account it's coming from.

Reaction score
Have you logged into MS account to manage any settings? There may be settings that differ from those managed locally.

Reaction score
Maybe, in the deleted account, there was an option to forward mail to your , now, existing , account? Some ISPs allow a "quarantine" period for such.

Reaction score
The following page might be useful?, you can at least check the settings/advanced settings!. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions.......but....

No I haven't logged into any of my outlook.com accounts. No forward was ever setup on any of them. No....looking through add account hasn't helped at all.

I do believe the MS email account in question has been hacked. That said, before making this post I've deleted the account using the MS close account process. Now the 60 day wait period begins. BTW....it's an old live.com account.

I still don't understand why I'm getting the check credentials email from an account that I removed from the mail app and closed it.

Ask a Question