Windows 10 Mail App

Reaction score
I have an HP laptop. I have 2 different email accounts setup within the Windows Mail app. Using the network at home or at a hotel (as I travel for work with the laptop) I can receive emails just fine. When I am logged into the network at work I am not getting emails. I can use a browser to check my emails via webmail. I can go through outlook and check my mail as well. I am assuming this is within the settings of the Mail app. I was hoping to get some suggestions here. Thank you ahead of time.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :).

If it works everywhere except for your work, it may be that your company has custom network/firewall rules which end up blocking you receiving e-mails (for example, they may block the port numbers for external mail servers). It may be worth speaking to the IT dept to see if they can clarify their network policy - as they may block unsecured mail server connections, but allow secure connections (for example).

Reaction score
But wouldn't that block outlook from working as well? And it is the company email server as well as Yahoo

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may be that Outlook uses different mail server settings (i.e. SSL vs non-SSL). Can you manually check to see that the configuration matches please?

Did you get a chance to see what the error message is in the Windows Mail app, as that will help us a lot.

Ask a Question