Windows 10 email app

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Most email apps will work, with varying degrees of functionality, ease of use, features and function.
Personally, I prefer Office Outlook the application that comes as part of the Microsoft Office Productivity Suite. I'm currently using Office 365 which includes "Outlook" as part of the package.

IF you are looking for something that's pretty robust and is still free... many people seem to like Thunderbird. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
I've tried it and like it and if I was going to go with a free product that would probably be my choice.

Of course Windows 10 comes with a native Email "App" called simply "Mail" and I suppose is useable enough if you don't need a lot of sophistication in your daily emailing needs.
AND
Many have simply gone, all cloud based with
gmail.com
outlook.com
etc.

Reaction score
There is an app called Mailbird which I suspect is at some level a fork of Thunderbird. Might be worth a look at. https://www.getmailbird.com/

I use Thunderbird and have done for years.

I have Office Outlook on one machine. In my opinion Outlook is the mail app of choice IF it is behind Microsoft's Exchange server...which usually means in a corporate environment. Outlook has too much stuff and features for a stand alone mail client.

Reaction score
As Trouble implied, the built in "Mail" program is probably sufficient for many.

Basically, for me, a mail program has to send, fetch and forward, and must be able to handle attachments. I have no interest in changing fonts etc, so "Mail" does it for me.
I do have Outlook, but seldom bother to open it.

Ask a Question