SOLVED Windows 10 email app after Creators update is a mess for me. Help!

Reaction score
Hello,

So I recently installed windows 10 creators update. I did a clean reset of my PC as well.
When I went to sign up my account for Windows 10 Mail app (which I had been using before without any issues), all went downhill.

Now, when I register my gmail account, it creates 2 accounts for my mail and calendar apps, both being the same account twice (see attached screenshot, email addresses are in the right format as displayed by the app but obviously made up for this thread).

So what are the symptoms? My calendar app shows all my events twice each day (yey!) and my Mail app has a crazy subfolder section with all my folders listed twice. The emails themselves somehow do manage to only appear once.

I cannot delete the top account, just the bottom one. If I delete the bottom one (under Accounts tab in the Mail App), then the top one remains and there are no emails.

I tried resetting the mail app in settings, re-registered my account, to no avail.

HELP!

Attachments

• 26-04-2017 11-40-19.jpg
    26-04-2017 11-40-19.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 534

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Welcome to forums randomwindows10user

I dont have any advice regarding your issue in particular as I dont use the built in Mail app, I use Thunderbird instead.

I would suggest though, you remove your personal email address from the screenshot keeping only the relevant details.

With some luck another member who is familiar with this will help you out, no doubt.

Have a nice day.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What do you use for your windows 10 MS account? What you use to sign in to your windows 10 machine?

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
We like those self fixing bugs. Enjoy.

Have a nice day.

Ask a Question