Windows 10 Mail App message alerts

Reaction score
On my computer and on a work computer I have the Mail app icon on the Taskbar. On one computer this icon displays a number when there are messages to read. On the other computer this never happens. Is there an explanation please?

Reaction score
The work computer version may be behind your computer. Check the System info and see. Many corps don't update their systems until sometime after an update is released.

Reaction score
The work computer version may be behind your computer. Check the System info and see. Many corps don't update their systems until sometime after an update is released.
Thank you. The business PC is for a small family business and I look after their IT. So far as I can see, both computers are running the same Windows 10 and automatically updated.

Reaction score
Check your mail settings under notifications. Make sure "Show Notifications in the Action Center" is turned on.:confused:

Reaction score
Thank you. The business PC is for a small family business and I look after their IT. So far as I can see, both computers are running the same Windows 10 and automatically updated.

OK, assuming the OS revision number is the same on both computers, do they handle the same email accounts? Ir is one a Windows account and the other something else?

Reaction score
OK, assuming the OS revision number is the same on both computers, do they handle the same email accounts? Ir is one a Windows account and the other something else?
The work PC handles a Btconnect.com account and a Hotmail.com account. My PC handles Gmail.com and two Btinternet.com accounts. Cheers.

Reaction score
The work PC handles a Btconnect.com account and a Hotmail.com account. My PC handles Gmail.com and two Btinternet.com accounts. Cheers.
on the computer where it doesn't work, go to Settings - Privacy - Background Apps and make sure that Mail is enabled.

Also check under System - Notification and Actions, scroll down and make sure that Mail is enabled under 'Get notifications from these senders'.

Ask a Question