Windows 10 No Ethernet or Wi-Fi Internet Access

Reaction score
This desktop machine had no problems connecting to the internet up until five days ago. Now I am unable to obtain a dynamic ip address for either the wired or wireless connections but if I setup a static ip on both the wired or wireless adapters I can connect to my network, not the internet. All drivers are current and up to date. If I do a NSLOOKUP from an Administrator CMD Prompt it returns the Server as showing blank and not Mynetwork. I am able to access the internet thru other computers, tablets and phones connected to my Bell 2000 Hub/Router. I think the problem may be caused by the DNS Client Service because when I tried to STOP the service I got an error message saying that the service could not be stopped possibly due to an internal error. I have tried all the basic things such as ipconfig /flushdns /release /rewnew with no success. I have run out of things to try to remedy this situation and I really don't want to have to reinstall Windows 10. Any further suggestions from members of the forum on how to get the DNS Client Service stopped would be greatly appreciated as this service seems to be hung up.

Reaction score
Have you considered perhaps trying a System Restore, to a point in time prior to "five days ago" to see if that might impact your current problem?
Unfortunately I did not have any prior restore points but thanks for the suggestion.

Ask a Question