Windows 10 not booting anymore

Reaction score
Keep ranting: I'll chime in.
The OS-coders should just start with their OS basics and eventually let people (gradually and specifically) ask for 'more' -- be that the 1-10% of what they would ever work with, to begin with.
F.i.: gimme the sign-in (if you have to) and just be ready for
- wiring a letter
- checking my email (s)
- get some news of WIRE / whatsApp
...and only then (not pre-loading, pre-fetching (useless for SSD anyway) wait for new tasks really desired by the user.
I haven't fiddled around Linux / Android - but I probably sill might decide to do so.

Thanks for an entertaining chat that didn't solve the win10 failure but made me download, reinstall win10 and now, little by little, just load the few programs - of, sorry, in modern times we call them now apps - that I really want to work with.
Kind regards - still from Costa Blanca - Spain :)

Reaction score
Let me chime in with my rant.
Microsoft violates all procedures of ISO 9000 for configuration management. They use the same KB numbers when they make a small change. If the hardware designers did this, you would never have a working computer. It must be something in the nature of software programmers because the ones that supported my team did the same thing & saw no need to keep track of changes.
Also, some of the code in Windows 10 is from Windows 95. They never start from scratch, they just keep adding to it. Some earlier OS code must have been deleted because the size of the Windows10 folder is much smaller than Windows7

Reaction score
...1st - y'all know more about the details - I have never been a true programmer (nor did I want to) beyond BASIC, some Cobol and Fortan in the 80s - their good ol' times.
As to windows, I can literally see that they just added more and more - never did I sense a true start-from-scratch; hence the problem that even "the better win-10" has it severe shortfalls. And it's so voluptuous, bloated.
I believe to have seen that the code volume did increase but (as you said, perhaps over-all cut-down by eliminating some of the pretty-good win-7).
Btw - I've had them all, from 'CMP' to Dr.DOS onto win-3, 95, 2000, XP, skipped Vista, onto win7, which after a good deal of corrections ("updates") finally was working fine.
SO - resuming my quarrels and tribulations - I actually had to start win-10 from scratch -- and I don't know if any of the MS-programmers ever had to do that for him/herself - what a pain in the A$$ - waste of time + +
So very much of my fine-tuning lost - apart from that win10 updates do their thing and cut one's personal preferences to again rub in and impose some of those useless or data-slurping Edge- and Cortana-features...
Thanks again for your input(s)
Kind regards

Ask a Question