Windows 10 stuck on booting screen

Reaction score
okay so this morning i booted up my computer (which is custom built) and then went to the bathroom yada yada. I came back and it was a black screen, i waited a little and it was still black so i rebooted. It then got all the way up to a black screen with the blue windows logo and a spinning white dot wheel, i waited almost half an hour it was stuck on that screen. So i rebooted again and same problem. I decided whatever ill go watch some tv and let it do its thing maybe its an update and o screwed it up, i waited a whole 2 hours it was the same loading screen except now the white dots had stopped spinning, i tapped on my keyboard and they started spinning again. All day long ive been rebooting and all im getting is a mix of it fully booting up to a black screen or it gets stuck on the windows logo screen. It worked fine yesterday and ive tried rebooting nothing changes... another thing i might add is during the logo screen boot up my mouse and keyboard turn off, and when i leave it to load and the spinning dots stop my keyboard and mouse turn on but only for a second
Please any help is welcomed

Reaction score
I had a system start up like that the other day. I gave it about 45 minutes and nothing changed. I hit the reset button and it restarted and booted normally. I also noticed I had not turned on my wireless keyboard or mouse which may have been involved.

So, the way you restart might be involved. Are you powering all the way down, resetting or rebooting?

If your keyboard and mouse don't seem to be functioning correctly you might try unplugging them for a boot or two. It is a good idea to unplug any external devices, such as drives, you have connected. The fact your mouse or keyboard did not light up correctly might mean those USB ports are not being powered during boot.

Reaction score
I did the power down and bootup up instead of restarting and have my usbs unplugged and now im getting the boot screen and its repairing a drive

Ask a Question