Windows 10 People app crashes

Reaction score
I have 'Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.164)', and of late the People app crashes every time it is invoked, either from within Mail, or if launched on its own.

Having googled the problem, I learned that clearing the clear text contact list allows the app to work again, but only when it is utterly useless as a contact list, with no data stored. Some have claimed that this is a successful 'fix' for the problem, but I don't see how it can be.

Another 'solution' I have seen is to blow away the 'Mail/Calendar/People' package with a particular powershell command, and then reload the package from the Store, but this would presumably ultimately require re-population of the Mail, Calendar and People data; not a trivial exercise, by any means, unless there is some way of preserving these data before removing the app suite.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem that works, without sliding down the nearest 'snake' to the start of the game?

Ask a Question