Windows 10 problems

Reaction score
It seems the Windows 10 update has come up with several problems.
First problem was I could not turn on Print spooler services. I searched and searched these forums and was unable to fix.
I continued to search and realized my updates for Windows 10 were not happening and I could not restart. I had an authorized copy of Office 2013 on my computer before I upgraded to 10, from 7, after the install, I could not get it authorized. I did an uninstall but am unable to reinstall. Any thoughts and which order to continue.

Reaction score
My answer is not something you want to hear................

Assuming you have not deleted the windows.old from your root drive.
Starting from the day you installed Windows 10, you have 30 days to decide if you want it or go back to Windows 7.
After 30 days, if you want to go back, you will have to reinstall Win 7 with the installation media you have.

If you still have a few days to go, you can search for a solution to fix the Win 10 issues, but don't let it go past 30 days.

How to go back to Windows 7 if your Win 10 install is less than 30 days and you have not deleted windows.old................

Start button > left side, click Settings > click Update & Security > left side, click Recovery > right side, under Go back to Windows 7, click the Get Started button......follow the prompts from then on.

Reaction score
Building on what david said, if you decide to go back to Windows 10 after, do a clean install.

Reaction score
If you choose to go back to Windows 7, make sure you do the followings right away AFTER you are back to Windows 7....

1. Go to your Windows Update and set it to Manual, otherwise Windows 10 will be downloaded to your system automatically without your consent.
Update KB3035583 is the one responsible to put a Get Windows 10 icon on your system tray.
Manual update will give you a chance to "hide" that update. Without that Update, windows Update will not offer you Windows 10 anymore.

2. Create an installation media ( DVD or USB). You can use that to reinstall Win 7 if you need to.
I have an Acer Aspire. I needed to make a set of 4 DVDs which they call Factory Default disks. That I had used to reinstall at least 2 times. Without that I would have one less computer.

3. Have a habit to create system image backup regularly, say once a month. It is to be used to help you restore the system to a date when everything was working perfectly. Yes, something very similar to system restore.

Last edited:

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Have you tried to install the latest Office 2016 & New look Office 365 both better than 2013 and already in apps or store in windows 10
I would never go back to any of the earlier Windows 10 is by far the best one so far

Ask a Question