SOLVED Windows 10 S

Reaction score
I don't see it a good option for business as ANY downloads from users should be controlled. IT should control what software is on the computers not the users. Just because it doesn't allow downloading and installing desktop software doesn't make it a good fit for business. We use admin rights and Group Policies to stop users from downloading anything. We use images so we require an Enterprise license.
Yes this is true, however a lot of small businesses like my own don't have an IT Dept. I have to do all myself so I do see a place for this version, especially since windows updates every now and then seem to want to break your group User account settings. Seems MS thinks we should all use their home group version of networking rather than Peer to Peer

Reaction score
The issue is the applications are limited.You would not be able to use the apps you use now in 10 S. Most likely if your a small business you are using desktop apps.

Reaction score
This s true, I don't use APPS at all, All are running Classic Shell, I too would have no use for 10 S, I don't even like 10 as it comes. I only have 3 employees and they come and go. I have no intentions of training new people in how to use 10 metro style. With CS everyone can jump right in. Doesn't make me more secure however and if I grew to say 20 employees this set up would not work at all. I'm in my 70's so have no intention of growing my business.

Ask a Question