Windows 10 sign in issue

Reaction score
My father updated from Win 7 HP to win 10. He's out in France & rang me stating his PW is now not recognised & he has no start up menu with which to do anything. I would be very grateful for some help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's a hard one.
Does he have the installation media for Windows 10, that he can boot from and attempt the repair or troubleshooting options from that?

The only other thing that might work is to manually interrupt the boot process by using the power switch, if you do that a couple times you should get a repair / troubleshooting screen, perhaps he can undo / rollback from there.

Reaction score
Ok, many thanks will pass that on. I am very grateful for the advice.
If anyone else has any further suggestions, they will be most gratefully received.

Reaction score
I took mine into the Geek Squad here locally for just this issue (they restored it to 7 for me).... I do not log into my refrigerator, my toaster, my washing machine or any other APPLIANCE in my home. Not about to log into my computer. And besides - I could not get into it because I had no sign-in at all before...

What boggles me is that they ship 10 out like that - expecting you to log in !!!! Hello - if you have security issues then that should be an OPTION to turn on (the sign-in feature). Oh DUHHHHH...

Reaction score
I keep on getting a sign in error that says, we couldn't sign in to your account, sign out and sign back in, I have done that a total of 5 times, and restarted my computer, I need some help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Are you using a local account or a Microsoft Account?
IS your computer connected to the internet?

Ask a Question