Windows 10 Slow

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Some more information about the actual system and its' specs might be helpful
Dell makes a 3000 series desktop as well as a 3000 series laptop.
Did the device come preinstalled with Windows 10.
brand new
Have you made any inquiry to the retailer or to Dell to determine if they might have any suggestions to address the poor performance?

Reaction score
Some more information about the actual system and its' specs might be helpful
Dell makes a 3000 series desktop as well as a 3000 series laptop.
Did the device come preinstalled with Windows 10.

Have you made any inquiry to the retailer or to Dell to determine if they might have any suggestions to address the poor performance?

yes with windows 10 preinstalled. talked with dell tech. nothing worked. i keep getting spinning blue circle and takes about 45-60 seconds to load.
my wi-fi connection and speed is good.

Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop, Windows 10 Home 64-bit English

4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1)

Standard Keyboard

Intel® HD Graphics

802.11bgn + Bluetooth 4.0, 2.4 GHz, 1x1

500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Intel® Celeron® N3050 [Intel® Celeron® Processor N3050 (2M Cache, up to 2.16 GHz)

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
There's your problem.....it's has a Celeron processor, one of the worst low end CPU Intel makes/uses.

Reaction score
oh great.

would this be a good processor,
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz or Intel N3050

what would be a good processor?

what is a good computer for your money to buy?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to make one point. Celeron may not be the power horse but if loading is the only time it takes long and all typical operation after that are acceptable then just live with it. Load sequences will always take time and if the OS is installed on a traditional spinning harddrive it will take long time. The OS will load a lot of items in the memory so all operations post load are faster.

However if the entire operation of the machine is slow then change the CPU.
Remember your get what you pay for, higher end machines will cost high end money.
I believe you considered Celeron bcaz the price must be attractive.

Hope this helps.
Ashutosh

Reaction score
the rule of thumb on a good CPU is always get the latest for the speed and sacrifice on some other bells and whistle to fit into the price range. CPU is the heart of the machine so don't sacrifice on it.
Would you swap your human heart for lower grade (just trying to get the point across on how critical CPU is) to the performance on the machine as a whole.

Intel is std but AMD is not bad either. I have used both and I prefer INTEL but that is just a personal preference.
Happy shopping.
Ashutosh

Reaction score
the rule of thumb on a good CPU is always get the latest for the speed and sacrifice on some other bells and whistle to fit into the price range. CPU is the heart of the machine so don't sacrifice on it.
Would you swap your human heart for lower grade (just trying to get the point across on how critical CPU is) to the performance on the machine as a whole.

Intel is std but AMD is not bad either. I have used both and I prefer INTEL but that is just a personal preference.
Happy shopping.
Ashutosh

you're right, thanks for the explanation.

Ask a Question