Windows 10 sorrow

Reaction score
long time mac , then chromebook user (always used Chrome browser) . storage limits (vs. cost) drove me to windows 10 laptop.

Have used Chrome for years - love it. Now have Edge - dislike it. Deleted it (supposedly) and its icon.
Edge still pops up in search bar when I tap Google. 4 steps to get to Chrome. Also Bing controls.
I am SOO Sorry I went to Windows laptop despite negatives I'd heard. I've also confirmed that I'm not a robot 4 times. Give me back mt Chromes (sob).

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You can't uninstall Edge as it's part of the OS. You can change the search engine in Edge just like any other browser. Go to settings and default apps and change the default browser to Chrome. That will stop the pop ups.

I have no clue as to what you mean by 4 steps to get to Chrome. Download Chrome, install it, the all you have to do is click on the desktop Chrome icon to open Chrome. Only one step.

Reaction score
IMO. Nothing wrong with edge. Just a question of getting used to it. It has quirks, as do all the other browsers I have tried over the years-

Reaction score
I just started using the new Chromium based Edge browser and it works well no problems here.

I went into settings and and reset everything to where all that is displayed is a simple plain white page with a search bar in the middle without all of the usual media displayed.

Reaction score
There's no need to uninstall Edge. You can install Chrome and set it as your default browser.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I went into settings and and reset everything to where all that is displayed is a simple plain white page with a search bar in the middle without all of the usual media displayed.
That's exactly how I have mine setup.....but with systems dark theme as the bright white background kills my eyes.

Reaction score
That's exactly how I have mine setup.....but with systems dark theme as the bright white background kills my eyes.
Yep the white background is bright however I just adust the brightness and contrast to a comfortable level that is less irritating and all is good.

Ask a Question