Windows 10 system uses up all my ram and cpu for about 2-3 hours after start-up

Reaction score
Windows 10 seems to like to scan my entire computer everyday which takes about 2-3 hours at startup. I can't get any work done. I am spending most of my time in the morning waiting...waiting...waiting. When it isn't doing these random scans, it's great and fast. I have tried rebooting to stop the scans. Often times not able to use the shut down button, so turning off at the main switch...then all havic starts...screens are all messed up...one works the other doesn't, the font are different on each, it is all so random. I realize that Windows 10 is the new Big Brother...watching....watching, but give it a rest, don't do this during working hours (Australia time). At least give me a choice when it's convenient for me to look at all my privates.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
So you must have the windows one installed
Have you gone into maintaince to either stop it or alter the times on it
I use a third party one and it scans when I want it too and only takes 10-20 mins
I have done it so that well I am having my meal my computer is scanned
The big scan once a month takes 20 mins on start up

Reaction score
So you must have the windows one installed
Have you gone into maintaince to either stop it or alter the times on it
I use a third party one and it scans when I want it too and only takes 10-20 mins
I have done it so that well I am having my meal my computer is scanned
The big scan once a month takes 20 mins on start up
It isn't anti-virus scanning. When I go to task manager, it shows that the windows system is running on full. I have since deleted all the windows .exe files from task manager, (they were blocking all my other software updates. ) Maybe this will make a difference. Will see.

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem - not so much with Win10 hogging memory, but hogging the CPU so badly that the PC is useless. I have since returned to Windows 8.1 just so I can use the PC but there were many things about Win10 I really like - when I could use them.

Ask a Question