Windows 10 upgrade fail

Reaction score
Hi All
Got as far as installing drivers, then put me back to win 7 with error C1900101-30018 checked with Microsoft but only gives for win 8.
Anyone got a solution?
Thanks
Terry

Reaction score
Well. My main machine ( W7) claims it is all ready to go. Perhaps this afternoon as I have just made and imgae backup.

But both of my Insider machines are not seeing any update. I wonder if this is MS waiting until the people in Seattle are awake today ( I am in EDT) or whether the Insiders are just at the end of the queue.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yep...generally everything is released on Redmond time aka Pacific Time Zone....which is generally 1:00 pm there time. So for me in the EST it will be 3:00 pm.

Reaction score
Hi All
Got as far as installing drivers, then put me back to win 7 with error C1900101-30018 checked with Microsoft but only gives for win 8.
Anyone got a solution?
Thanks
Terry
Found a suggestion from Microsoft community part of which was renaming folder C:\windows\SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution.old, going through Run cmd my PC cannot find rename or ren. When I try in explorer it says one of the files in folder is open in another prog but doesn't say where.

Reaction score
I've got windows 7 pro and all my windows update tells me is that Windows 10 update failed. all I've done is turn on the machine. Got no notice yet CDT 12:30 p.m.

Reaction score
Further to the problem of repeated failures during installing drivers, it has removed my update history again.

Ask a Question