SOLVED Windows 10 upgrade for PC w/no touch screen

Reaction score
Yes, the last time I un-installed 365 and re-installed. Still nothing changed. My PC is fairly new Dell which had windows 8, but I reloaded 7 instead some months ago.
Could you explain this? If the Dell came with Windows 8 then it has a built in Windows 8 license if you run as UEFI.

So what Windows license are you using for Win 7 and did you install it as UEFI? I don't know exactly how Office 365 validates it license but possibly this situation is involved.

Reaction score
i don't think you understand at all my problem. Just like the MS techs! I guess I will have to cancel my 365 office. If it doesn't work I cannot pay for it.

I have an account. I installed from the picture you just showed me. It opens and it works EXCEPT it will not allow me to activate and sign in!!! Therefore it will not connect to OneDrive or my other computers. No one can tell me why it won't activate!! I GIVE UP!!
-------------
Wow! I finally got all 3 computers to connect and I can now sign in to Word (which was the main problem). I wanted to tell you how it happened. I my some fluke found a place on my notebook where it said "connect all your computers thru Xbox. I don't use it but I decided to try it. So I signed in to Xbox on my notebook and then on my other one. Then I opened MS and signed in. I happened to see Xbox there so I clicked on it and it went to Xbox with the name they had just given me on my notebook! It had connected to my PC! I was so excited - I went to Word 2016 on my PC and tried for the 100th time to sign in.........and.........it worked!! So now they are all connected. Maybe that will help someone else sometime.

Thanks and God bless!!!! Servant

Ask a Question