SOLVED Windows 10 upgrade will not fully download

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked but I did a search and I am still stuck

Hi can I ask for a little advice please
I have two computers my laptop has updated to windows 10 with the automatic upgrade with no problems.
But my PC will not start the upgrade I was told to look in the temp folder $Windows.~BT.
The size of this folder was 5.88 GB. And had been like that for a couple of days.
After reading on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...etails/c63b2689-340d-4adf-80a5-0832c3bfbbc6MS
It said that the upgrade might be corrupt I followed the advice and went to (Windows/ Software Distribution/ Download) and deleted everything in that folder. Then I ran the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".en as advised on the website.
Almost straight away the windows upgrade started again but it has gone back to the 5.88 Gb and stopped again
Looking at windows update and view update history I see there are 6 failed attempts to upgrade to windows 10 all with Error details code 80240020
What next or do I just have to wait

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked but I did a search and I am still stuck

Hi can I ask for a little advice please
I have two computers my laptop has updated to windows 10 with the automatic upgrade with no problems.
But my PC will not start the upgrade I was told to look in the temp folder $Windows.~BT.
The size of this folder was 5.88 GB. And had been like that for a couple of days.
After reading on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...etails/c63b2689-340d-4adf-80a5-0832c3bfbbc6MS
It said that the upgrade might be corrupt I followed the advice and went to (Windows/ Software Distribution/ Download) and deleted everything in that folder. Then I ran the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".en as advised on the website.
Almost straight away the windows upgrade started again but it has gone back to the 5.88 Gb and stopped again
Looking at windows update and view update history I see there are 6 failed attempts to upgrade to windows 10 all with Error details code 80240020
What next or do I just have to wait
i had the same problem and it got fixed i will give you a link to a microsoft thread which will allow you to download any version of windows 10 here is the thread link:
Click Me

Reaction score
Hi Brad thanks for the information I have seen that site but I was told it was better to let the automatic upgrade do the install as it was safer as I need to keep as much of the settings in windows 7 as I can.

Thanks again

Reaction score
Hi Brad thanks for the information I have seen that site but I was told it was better to let the automatic upgrade do the install as it was safer as I need to keep as much of the settings in windows 7 as I can.

Thanks again
no prob if you use that site you will be able to keep everything (settings,files etc). Hope this helps man :)

Reaction score
Ok thanks I am at work at the moment but I might give that a try when I get home

Reaction score
Hi Guys the problem i had has now fixed itself the update just started and worked very well

Ask a Question