Windows 10 version 2004.

Reaction score
Has anyone stupid enough as I have? allowed Microsoft to install on my computer version 2004. In my case much of the selection of programs are continuously jumping with Google Chrome as an example has stopped sending messages to my contacts. Of all Windows updates this is the first, but an expensive experience, indeed you learn something everyday.

Reaction score
I wasn't quick this time in selecting the 7 days delay to install a major update. Certainly it has settled down, but I fail to see any significant working changes. So far it has requested that install again Edge browser.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I did a clean install of 1909 less then 7 days ago, in preparation for this update. I kept just the essentials so it was a pretty lean OS. Then I followed the Update Now path from the ISO website. Just to see what kind of issues would arise if any. I was all done in under 20 minutes from start to finish. Pretty sure that was due to the clean install.

My only issue was my keyboard not being recognized and thus not working. I was stuck at the log in screen. A simple move the the USB cable and that was fixed. Then there's the no show of the New Edge Chromium. I had to click on the old Edge icon and it updated itself independently. I didn't have to go looking for the dl....it just updated, had me logged in and moved over all my folders from Chrome. So I ended up with double folders which was easily fixed.

Other than that....It was smooth sailing. And this is on some pretty old hardware that's not supported by windows 10. So I can't complain at all.

Reaction score
My computer at work already has 2004 and so far, everything is up and running. Of course it deactivated my 8gadget pack but it was easily restored again. Subjectively I cannot feel any differences to the 1909, the computer is not faster or slower, for that matter. After install I ot hit with a dotnet update which required a restart and a short time later with a flash player update which also required a restart.
I thought, Flash is dead?? why update that darn player over and over??

Reaction score
Took about 2 hours to update my netbook. But with 2gb of ram and a single core atom processor, that's to be expected. It did go smoothly. I still won't be updating my main PC for awhile. After there's been time to iron out all the bugs, I'll probably do a clean install.

Reaction score
Yes my copy of 2004 did take 45 minutes to complete with the contents quivering for at least over 10 minutes passed, before screen content settled to normal format usage. I am still unable to see any changes to Windows workings, as I was made to believe was a major update.

Reaction score
Major update? As I expressed in a much earlier post - I think we've been had. They have been playing on line games for the past two years and have a minor employee to write bugs now and then for the insiders, which they then remove and claim it has been fixed. Lol-Lol :D

Reaction score
Made to believe that many new things where added, must be looking in the wrong place. One thing for sure, my clipboard is still grayed out.

Reaction score
Made to believe that many new things where added, must be looking in the wrong place. One thing for sure, my clipboard is still grayed out.
Could you post the exact path to where you are seeing it grayed out. Apart from setting - setup, I don't have anything that can be grayed out, until it is in use?

Reaction score
Annotation 2020-06-03 122902  Clipboard page.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone stupid enough as I have? allowed Microsoft to install on my computer version 2004. In my case much of the selection of programs are continuously jumping with Google Chrome as an example has stopped sending messages to my contacts. Of all Windows updates this is the first, but an expensive experience, indeed you learn something everyday.
Guess, I'm stupid but I ask for all the latest, and newest possible. I my self am quite happy with
1591197841887.png

Reaction score
Reason in re-opening this topic, is mainly now experiencing several "freeze ups" and required to re-enter passwords in several Websites. This has happened since update to Windows 10 Home 2004.

Reaction score
what browser are you using.... Edge often does, since it considers sites as BAD. check smart screen settings.

Ask a Question