SOLVED Windows 10 won't boot anymore

Reaction score
I'm running, a triple boot, Win 10, Linux Mint and Ubuntu on a 500 GB hard drive. I've been using all 3 OS's for a while now until today. I tried booting into Win 10 and all I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor. I have successfully booted into both Linux OS's but no matter what I try I cannot boot win 10. I tried getting into the BIOS to boot into safe mode but there isn't an option for it. HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Do you have your version of Windows 10 ISO burned into a bootable DVD or USB ?
If yes, set your bios to boot from the media > then insert the media > restart computer > in the Install Now window, select Repair option.

Reaction score
Do you have your version of Windows 10 ISO burned into a bootable DVD or USB ?
If yes, set your bios to boot from the media > then insert the media > restart computer > in the Install Now window, select Repair option.
davidhk, thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately I do not have the ISO. What next?

Reaction score
Use this link to download the Media Creation Download Tool.
Make sure you pick the right bit version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Run the Tool.
Make sure you pick the correct Windows version.
Select Create installation media for another PC.
That will begin downloading the ISO to your computer.
When done, burn the ISO to a bootable DVD or USB.

Then set your bios to boot from the media > then insert the media > restart computer > in the Install Now window, select Repair option.

If you need instructions on any of the above steps, please post back.

Reaction score
Use this link to download the Media Creation Download Tool.
Make sure you pick the right bit version.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Run the Tool.
Make sure you pick the correct Windows version.
Select Create installation media for another PC.
That will begin downloading the ISO to your computer.
When done, burn the ISO to a bootable DVD or USB.

Then set your bios to boot from the media > then insert the media > restart computer > in the Install Now window, select Repair option.

If you need instructions on any of the above steps, please post back.
I burned the iso file and ran the OS. It cured the problem BUT! when I told it to "keep all files" it deleted everything I had installed anyway...OH WELL!! starting over but at least it worked. Thanks davidhk129 for your help

Reaction score
You are welcome.
It's a pain to reinstall everything you had before, but one consolation ...... you start fresh. No carry-over "baggage".

Ask a Question