Windows 10 won't read PNY flashdrive

Reaction score
Photos were backed up to PNY flash drive before updating. The flash drive works in my other laptop (using Windows 7) but I receive a message that states that it has malfunctioned and the USB device isn't recognized when plugged into the updated laptop. I have tried to pull the power and restart, I've also tried to delete the drive, but it shows back up after restarting and still has the yellow exclamation point.

Reaction score
you don't say what make of laptop your having the problem with,
the only problem with PNY Flash drive & Windows 10 I could find was on an HP Laptop,

disable the "File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools" in Windows Services.

It's in Windows Services, not Hp tools. Go to the Start menu and select "Run...". Type "services.msc". Now in the Services dialog, find "File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTool". Right click on it and select "Properties". Click on "Stop" button and change startup type to "Manual". Hit "Ok" and your done.
reboot the laptop & try the PNY Flash Drive again

if it's not an HP laptop, please state the make & model number, someone else may be able to help

Ask a Question