Windows 11 released TODAY

Reaction score
Have you checked in the Bios to see if the mobo has a TPMS module. Most mobos of the last 2-3 years do BUT if is usually disabled for some bizarre reason. Probably it is under an Advanced tab with a weird name.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I can wait till its my turn , besides as I look at both forums 10 and 11 things are showing up that needs fixing. I like to protect my device from unneeded problems.
I have two devices one 11 compatible one not 11 compatible I will be able to see both sides of the issues.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if it's worth switching to the new Windows 11. Some of my friends who switched to it say that it's good, while others say nothing special. Here I want to hear your opinion.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm wondering if it's worth switching to the new Windows 11. Some of my friends who switched to it say that it's good, while others say nothing special. Here I want to hear your opinion.
It's nothing special.

Reaction score
they say there are some special opportunities there, I don’t know what they are about. Do you think it's worth switching or should I sit for another 10?
If your PC/laptop is able to run Windows 11 (ie. it fulfills ALL of the hardware requirements) then there is little to be lost in upgrading to Windows 11 - though personally I don't much like the new UI in Windows 11.

On the other hand, whilst is is technically possible to get Windows 11 installed on officially unsupported hardware, I would advise against doing that.

FWIW I have had Windows 11 dual booting (alongside Windows 10) on an officially unsupported system for a couple of months. It works ok but I have since abandoned it, partly because I don't much care for the restrictions of the new UI, but also because there is little else in there to differentiate it in any meaningful way from Windows 10, and because I don't much fancy running what is an unsupported OS on my hardware.

Reaction score
If your PC/laptop is able to run Windows 11 (ie. it fulfills ALL of the hardware requirements) then there is little to be lost in upgrading to Windows 11 - though personally I don't much like the new UI in Windows 11.

On the other hand, whilst is is technically possible to get Windows 11 installed on officially unsupported hardware, I would advise against doing that.

FWIW I have had Windows 11 dual booting (alongside Windows 10) on an officially unsupported system for a couple of months. It works ok but I have since abandoned it, partly because I don't much care for the restrictions of the new UI, but also because there is little else in there to differentiate it in any meaningful way from Windows 10, and because I don't much fancy running what is an unsupported OS on my hardware.
I understand you, thank you very much for your feedback

Reaction score
what requirements are you missing i may be able to help you.
It's the TPM 2.0 that gets me.. plus it says my CPU is "not compatible". TPM is not even an option in my BIOS either. Nor can I put the TPM card on the motherboard.
AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Computer Cores 4C+8G 4.20 GHz
ASUS A88X-PLUS/USB3.1 Motherboard.
16GB RAM

I'd have to totally replace my motherboard and CPU... The new RAZERS are compatible.. but not going to spend that kind of money just to get W11, when current PC rocks.

Reaction score
I'm out. I have two rather powerful PC's... and neither test worthy to run Windows 11.

I know the feeling. Its like they want us all to put out big bucks AGAIN just to run Win 11. They told us there would never be another 'new' Windows and they would just enhance and update Win 10 and that policy has been working really well. I was really upset when I found that something I don't even know about in my pc is keeping me from upgrading. Not going to buy a new pc thats for sure. This is ridiculous.

Reaction score
It's the TPM 2.0 that gets me.. plus it says my CPU is "not compatible". TPM is not even an option in my BIOS either. Nor can I put the TPM card on the motherboard.
AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Computer Cores 4C+8G 4.20 GHz
ASUS A88X-PLUS/USB3.1 Motherboard.
16GB RAM

I'd have to totally replace my motherboard and CPU... The new RAZERS are compatible.. but not going to spend that kind of money just to get W11, when current PC rocks.
Here in Canada Amazon.ca stocks 9 different TPM modules for ASUS boards. No idea if your board is one they have a module for.

Reaction score
The motherboard has uefi bios no reason win 11 should not in stall
if you have a spare hdd or ssd install it and try win 11 clean install there are work arounds for tpm

Reaction score
We need an alternative to Microsoft,PERIOD! More info needed on this site about alternatives,ie; Linux etc.
Microsoft not to be trusted!!
"Microsoft Windows 10 last version of Windows". REMEMBER?
Little bit similar to CIA/FBI ; NO UFO'S as they land on ypur garden.

If this farce is not stopped NOW, it will continue through the next 20 or more versions that you can guarantee Microsoft will produce.

Liars.

Reaction score
The same thing that kept me off Windows 8.x will keep me off Windows 11. Microsoft Account required to download from Windows Store. No MS Account required for Windows 10. I don't like downloading from Windows Store unless I have to. Lenovo no longer has Thinkpad utility software on their website for newer models so you are forced to use Windows Store. I'm fairly certain other vendors follow suit for newer PCs.

Reaction score
I'm in the queue to (politely) ask what the hell are they trying to do to us ? The spec on my self build machine is way above any shop bought PC, and yet I'm not able to qualify for the ultimate W11, I am alledgedly short of the TPM2.0 to enter this Magical Microsoft World, the instructions of how to accomplish this feat could have been written in Pyongyang and administered by Belarus. Is there anyone on this forum actually done this yet...........if so a detailed breakdown in plain ENGLISH would be helpful I bet to many patrons of the forum.
You can enable TPM 2.0 Using BIOS.

It depends on your BIOS/Motherboard how to enable it, but if you have bought Motherboard/pc in recent 2-3 years there must be TPM 2.0 but you need to enable it using BIOS.
I had similar issue while installing Windows 11 in MSI H510PRO motherboard, resolve it using BIOS

Ask a Question