Windows 11 released TODAY

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Today is the day... Windows 11 is here! How many of you are going for the upgrade right away? I'm typing this message from a fresh Windows 11 install.

As a reminder, we've got a sister forum to this one, where we'd love to hear what you think:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm typing this message from a fresh Windows 11 install.
Can you advise as to which Version / Build constitutes the fresh install (assuming public release).

Asking because I dropped my machine from the Insider Program about a week ago and haven't received any updates since that time.
Currently on

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Last month I upgraded to Windows 11. Since then, I downgraded to Windows 10 Professional. The removal of the Start features, that were so good on Windows 10 made all the difference. The foundation of Windows 11 is great, however, until I can have the features of Windows 10 Start, I will stick with 10 Pro.

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as jsamos4 - Decent i7 CPU, TPM 2.0, memory requirements good, but not on the list of supported processors. What happens if I try to do an install anyway?

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as jsamos4 - Decent i7 CPU, TPM 2.0, memory requirements good, but not on the list of supported processors. What happens if I try to do an install anyway?
Would love to see how they reply to that. My CPU/ HD free space/ memory are more than sufficient and there is one 'thing' I don't even know what it is that seems to be the problem for me. I can't even remember right now what it is.....brain cramp

Reaction score
Would love to see how they reply to that. My CPU/ HD free space/ memory are more than sufficient and there is one 'thing' I don't even know what it is that seems to be the problem for me. I can't even remember right now what it is.....brain cramp
If it's as with myself and Dave Telling, our CPUs are not on the "approved list".

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you advise as to which Version / Build constitutes the fresh install (assuming public release).

Asking because I dropped my machine from the Insider Program about a week ago and haven't received any updates since that time.
Currently on

Yup, that's the public release build :). Here's my winver from todays fresh install:

Screenshot 2021-10-05 195459.png

kps

Reaction score
Do we have an end date for Windows 10 support? I'd like to figure out when to buy a new machine.

Reaction score
Me too with one powerful PC and it really irritates me that it seems the end in mind is for those in this situation to buy a new pc just because of WIN 11...NOT going to happen.
I so agree. Especially when there is absolutely nothing wrong with our current machines, other than they're not on the "approved CPU" list.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do we have an end date for Windows 10 support? I'd like to figure out when to buy a new machine.
Last info I saw regarding Win10 support, was October 2025

kps

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Regarding your phrase ".... My undying gratitude," thank you for your comment...believe me it's appreciated by me and my fellow servicemembers.

Reaction score
I didn't know I would be supposed to buy a new machine to get W11. The previous time I 'updated' W10, I was irritated that it pushed me into areas I do not want, whilst altering and limiting the familiar. So I reversed the update. With the burgeoning mantra 'more choice', software nerds really lead one down alleys which look attractive, but really dictate what you are supposed to want - whether you want it or not.

People in MS who spend long days fiddling with programming forget that many members of the human race outside the frantic silicon bubble do not want to fill their lives with innumerable 'bells and whistles'. There is life outside the window.

MS has been useful to me - but why not offer simpler packages, which upgrade in a minor way, for those who are grateful for the software, but do not wish to be troubled by subtleties they do not want.

Reaction score
Microsoft has recently released Windows 11 officially. From now on, all Windows users will be able to use Windows 11. Microsoft says those who use Windows 10 will be able to upgrade to Windows 11 for free. But one thing here is that the user will be able to use the active version of Windows 10 to upgrade to that version of Windows 11. If you are using Windows 10 Pro operating system, you can upgrade to Windows 11 Pro Edition. In this case, of course, you must have Windows 10 officially active. Then you can upgrade to Windows 11 for free. If you want to upgrade your Windows 10 OS to Windows 11 for free, you can go to Microsoft's official website, download the PCHealth checker software and check if your PC supports Windows 11 to upgrade your old Windows OS to Windows 11. You will not receive this free update if your Windows 10 operating system is not officially activated and uses pirated Windows. You must have os active to upgrade.

For those who use pirated or cracked Windows, the solution is to purchase a Windows 10 Pro license key, activate Windows 10 OS and upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. So you can buy the genuine license of Windows 10 Pro from licensekeep.com. they are trusted third party wrestler. They have been honestly selling license keys for all Microsoft products, including Windows

Reaction score
I'm in the queue to (politely) ask what the hell are they trying to do to us ? The spec on my self build machine is way above any shop bought PC, and yet I'm not able to qualify for the ultimate W11, I am alledgedly short of the TPM2.0 to enter this Magical Microsoft World, the instructions of how to accomplish this feat could have been written in Pyongyang and administered by Belarus. Is there anyone on this forum actually done this yet...........if so a detailed breakdown in plain ENGLISH would be helpful I bet to many patrons of the forum.

Ask a Question