SOLVED Windows Explorer Problem?

Reaction score
As of late, Windows Explorer pops up for no obvious reason at odd times. I suspect this started following one of the recent Windows 10 updates. I attempted to establish a pattern, albeit unsuccessfully. I am using GP Software Opus 12 as my default file browser. I uninstalled it and reverted back to Windows Explorer, but the popping up continues. Any ideas/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Wolfgang Stachel

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The first thing I would have a look at is the Windows native Task Scheduler.
Inspect each job there, use the General, Triggers and Actions tabs to see if there might be something there, perhaps left over from you uninstall that is producing the problem.

Capture.PNG

NOTE: Email address removed to guard against spam.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Trouble. There were a couple of leftover items which I got rid or. Will keep watching for desired results and hope for the best. There was nothing obvious that showed a possible cause. I will mark this as solved when all is well in Windows 10 again.

Reaction score
Popping up of Windows Explorer on my computer continues unabatedly. There are other users who have the same problem. Searching the Internet shows plenty of advice without any solutions. As this occurs on only one of my three computers, it is obviously a bug in this one machine. Running System Scan did not show any errors. Short of reinstalling Windows 10, I am still in need for help.

Reaction score
Running out of ideas as to what to look for, about a week ago it occurred to me to switch my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse with a wired Dell keyboard and mouse. Low and behold, the problem of Windows 10 File Explorer vanished and it is now working properly. I replaced the Logitech stuff with a new set and everything is working correctly.

Ask a Question