Windows Insider 17713 is out...

Reaction score
... unfortunately it does not want to install. It refused to install already 5 times, not sure if their server was overloaded or what else prevented it. I just am trying it again and so far it is " Getting things ready - 88% "

Untitled.jpg

Reaction score
it is getting things ready AGAIN, this time it is at 75%. Gonna let it run until it gets so confused that it may (or not) finally finish....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Got it installed on the first try on my Skip Ahead install just to check this
However, this time we are doing a complete reset of Skip Ahead
Sure enough bounced back to the fast ring so I guess I gotta watch for the Skip Ahead program to reopen.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I am having troubles with paint 3d crashing . Anyone experience same?
Nope. I haven't played with it too much but it seems to be working OK on my install.
Can you be more specific as to what you are calling "crashing"....
Does it close completely, minimize to the taskbar, remain on the screen and stop receiving input commands like it's frozen.

There is a note regarding menu items not responding
You may find that when interacting with any “…” menu in a modern app (for example Microsoft Store) clicking the items will just dismiss the menu. While the menu is open, if you move your mouse to the opposite side of the app you should find a place where the menu items will become highlighted and you can interact with the menu. You can also use the keyboard while to menu is open to interact with it.
Which I can confirm so it wouldn't surprise me to learn of other issues in this build.
Seems unavoidable that they fix a bunch of stuff and something else breaks elsewhere.

I did a quick check of the feedback hub filtering on this build (my build), apps and paint 3D and found nothing.

Reaction score
I am having troubles with paint 3d crashing . Anyone experience same?
Not here.

the new version took a long time to get installed though, not sure if it is on my end or what. Got it finally installed and so far it is working just fine....

Reaction score
Windows 10 Insider Preview 17713.1000 (rs5_release), is not installing, and is resisting all efforts to clear the install pending. Have tried the update tool to no avail. How does one get the "awaiting restart" to go away?

Reaction score
Windows 10 Insider Preview 17713.1000 (rs5_release), is not installing, and is resisting all efforts to clear the install pending. Have tried the update tool to no avail. How does one get the "awaiting restart" to go away?
For this one you need more than the usual patience. It took me 5 tries to get it installed and I let my computer on over night. the next morning I got greeted with the message "awaiting restart". After restarting it still took more than 3 hours to finish.

Reaction score
177213.1002 Installed quickly and first time as a cumulative update. My laptop must be charmed.

177213.1000 installed fairly quickly as well on the 11th with no problems.

Reaction score
177213?? one digit too many I think.
Nevertheless, the CU 17713.1002 is suppose to be just a test without any improvements or new features. However, it takes a feature away. The Windows Defender Application Guard is suppose to be not running anymore, according to winfuture.de

Ask a Question