Windows Insider 17093.1000 rs_prerelease available for download

Reaction score
I have isolated known problems. Worth reading before you install. It might save a few queries afterwards also. Not, in particular, the pause in installing and, important for many, the comment regarding external optical drives.

Attachments

• We have observed seeing longer.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 430

Regedit32

Reaction score
Successfully installed and running.
  • You'll have time to hard boil 2 dozen eggs [ 1 at a time ] with a runny yoke, or 17 if you prefer a firmer yoke.
  • Probably not a good idea to eat them all though :)

Reaction score
Then I'm stuck. I don't like runny eggs
I'm hacked off about the ext optical drive issue. I am aware that we should all consider moving on to USBs, but over many years, I have a heap of stuff on CD/DVDs and am not inclined to start copying them over.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well I got it and it did seem to take and extra long time.
Most of these usually do because of the older hardware I've got, but this one seemed to surpass all the previous Insider Builds.

I agree that it's a very good idea to read the "Known Issues" section of the blog post
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ng-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17093-pc/
AND
Can confirm at least one of them because the Themes page does crash the settings window.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I left my Insider machine running all day hoping that when I get back from work its all done. Not at all. it failed to install. Only after two restarts it finally managed to install. Never had that happen before...
Well, I got the newest one now and am gonna check it out....

Reaction score
The only issues I've had on my 2 IP computers has been with the order in which other updates are done before or after the Build update or maybe a couple before and a couple after such as Adobe Flash, Windows Defender definitions, etc.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Where would you recommend downloading it from?
  • Press Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
  • Select Update & Security
  • On left side select Windows Insider Program
You join it here, select Fast ring and the download will appear when you check for windows updates​

Ask a Question