Windows Insider Build 14251 will not install

Reaction score
Restores prior build after 2nd reboot. I .have attempted install from both the esd and ISO. This occurs on both my computers with MSI motherboards.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Moved your thread to the Insider sub-forum. We're trying to keep all things "Preview" related separate from the rest of the forum.
I'm running the latest preview build in two different instances. One on a physical machine and the other inside a VM using Hyper-V.
I've upgraded both from the previous build without any problem with the "upgrade", although the results of the "upgrade" were, to say the least, less than optimal, which resulted in a wipe and clean install after converting the Install.esd to an ISO.
Are these both upgrade attempts?
Have you consider performing a wipe and clean install if that is an option for you?
IF both boards are identical, are you running the latest BIOS update on both?

Reaction score
I read the reason the build number jumped so far was because they are combining the builds for PCs and mobile devices. I suppose the merging of builds which had previously been on separate paths will probably cause errors.

Ask a Question