SOLVED Windows Phone

Reaction score
For all the haters of Windows Phone need to try Windows 10 on phone. No apps no problem. All you do is go to website and pin to start and you have an app. I have used Windows Phone for awhile since Android Phones I have used didn't have storage without going in operating system and then only certain apps you could put on storage disk. Apple phone same thing of lack of storage. Windows Phone since free Windows 10 update smokes the others in all aspects once you use it. Wife had a stroke so I have been on phone lots lately ordering online, messaging, Facebook, Twitter, Camera App, etc. with only glitch being restart after gophone bill is paid to restart data on network. WiFi works better than both Apple and Android as family has found out. Daughter and I both tried Samsung Galaxy at hospital so she could watch Netflix while she sat with Wife and after 15 minutes she gave up. I handed her my phone and she watched Netflix on free WiFi for hours without a battery charge so she dung out her old windows 8 phone to bring to hospital. Samsung phone broke week later so she is now trying to get her Iphone repaired so she can have Itunes app. I told her to bring me her phone so we can update it to Windows 10 so she can listen or at least try to listen to Itunes on the windows website and I am still waiting. Windows Phone team needs to advertise and push this phone to public more. I have dropped mine more than I can count and don't have any protection which looking at phone it still looks new. 2 months of major work with this phone and only charge at night with 40% battery remaining.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Another Windows Mobile users.
Thought I was the only one there for a minute.

Bif

Reaction score
Windows phone dude as well...Nokia Lumia 520 running 8.1
Both my wife and I have them and have had no issues at all..well nothing major anyhoo.
Sticking with 8.1 despite some attempting to run 10 on them.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nothin wrong with and Android phone, just like there is nothing actually wrong with an iPhone (except my personal dislike of them), but......
As a retired, on a pension, budget conscious, senior those phones have really priced themselves outside my purchasing power, unless you go low end on the android and buy something with no storage, slow processor, minimal memory and low quality camera often with no SDcard expansion capability.
I need some bang for my buck I picked this up for $139 bucks and it came with Windows 10 installed http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones/alcatel-onetouch-fierce-xl-with-windows-10.html
I like it, it suits my needs and didn't break the bank. Plus I like the fact that the look and feel across all my devices is very similar.

Reaction score
I have a 950XL on ATT, the wife a Lumia Icon (929) on Verizon. Bought 2 parents (in their 80's) Lumia 640 from ATT ($59 for one, then one on sale for $39). ATT's coverage has improved during the last couple of years and they have had no problems.

Everyone is on Windows 10 Anniversary. Would never look at another OS. Everything runs great and no issues. Of course there are fewer apps, but none that I can't live without.

Reaction score
Everyone talks apps. With Windows 10 phone all you do is go to website and pin to start. New App.

Reaction score
And you think Android and iOS don't send data? They all need the data to track locations, give you ads, study browsing habits, etc. Plus Android has a huge amount of unpatched security flaws.

Reaction score
Android users love there androids cause it is an open system to some degree but what they fail to realize is a criminal can have a code to steal all your information. I hate that you have to hack system for storage. Cheap android phones can't be upgraded or have storage. IPHONE is always advertising a newer and better system every 6 months seems like for an additional 600.00. Last I heard Microsoft phones haven't been hacked to steal information and don't need to pay for an update. Been 2 years with many drops and this 29.00 phone is still going strong. Why do I need to spend hundreds on a phone that can't be upgraded without buying a new phone?

Ask a Question